It only took 9 years, but I finally updated my whole site to use a static generator tool. In the meantime, Webby has been discontinued, and Jekyll has become the dominant tool of choice. It took a little while, but I’m happy to feel full in control of things again.
In the process of converting I’ve fixed a few broken links, removed several that couldn’t be fixed (Unmaintained Web Applications strikes again) and removed Google Analytics (sorry for contributing to privacy erosion for the sake of vanity stats).
It’s been fun (and occasionally cringe-inducing) to scan over the blog history while I was doing tweaks on the conversion to Jekyll. Knowing my history, I won’t try to claim that I’ll start updating the site regularly now, but I’ll probably make an attempt for a little while, at least.